You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ category.
I have quite a few things to show off today! I’ve been very busy, knitting, sewing and scrapping these last few days. It will probably be a while before I come back to all this now that school has started.
The lovely Rebecca Sower has a fun heart sessions going on. Here is my latest take.
Using one of the pages from Somerset I tore out who knows how long ago. Those pages are so beautiful. They don’t need much.
And this is from a sketch by the most talented Iris Babao Uy.
I had so much fun doing this one!
A continuation of this project. I didn’t want to add too much to this advertisement. It’s so hilarious. “The real value of this book is plainly shown in every price quotation.” and, “persons claiming to bo our representatives are swindlers”
And here they are all together.
I have more but I think I’ll take a break now and go out and take some pictures. We had a rainstorm last night that left the sky absolutely beautiful!!
Darlene Love – Christmas (Baby please come home)
Here’s a goodie that doesn’t get enough play. Her ending is what it’s all about!!
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my goals and my future. It sometimes feels like I’m standing still and everyone, everyone is pushing forward. James and I still live in an apartment, we’re nowhere near to getting a house. I quit my job and no longer have insurance. All my friends are getting pregnant or starting families and the thought of having a child still scares me a little. I keep flip flopping back between these two ideals of the person I should be. The woman who should move forward and start a family soon, and the girl who is just too young to have a baby.
But the only person judging me is me. I always said I would wait until I was 30 before I have kids, and it just hit me that I’m going to be 30 in a year and two months! Yikes!
Well, I can’t solve this problem all at once. Let me show you a layout I made last night. I found this wonderful book, Scraptastic, at Michaels. It really is scrap-tastic!! I’ve decided that I’m going to go through all my books and just do all the samples. So I ‘lifted this one from her book. “Let Go” lyrics by Frou Frou. It’s kind of ironic, because the journaling is all about how I need to let go of stuff, especially in my scrapbooking. Don’t hold on to any rules and just make crazy layouts like this one. Except for the fact that I scraplifted it, so I didn’t let go at all.
1. The things I give thanks for this Thanksgiving are love, happiness and friendships
2. My Thanksgiving traditions include eating and hanging out
3. The best part about Thanksgiving is all the scrumptious food.
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is everything!! The combination of turkey, cranberries, yams..pumpkin pie. I’m getting excited
5. I can’t think of anything was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me on Thanksgiving.
6. After the meal, I hang out with family
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to I’m not sure tomorrow my plans include possibly having lunch with someone and going to a show and Sunday, I want to get ready for Thanksgiving