You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘photography’ category.
It’s been a long time in the making. Some of you may remember a post I did about this about a year ago. But I finally have my very own etsy shop. Well, two actually. One for my knitted items (scarves, cowls, hand warmers and the like). And the other for my scrapbooking embellishments (journaling spots and fabric embellies) Since wordpress doesn’t allow Flash, I made my own little buttons which are on my sidebar. You can check them out there, or here and here
Check em out! Let me know what you think. Wish me luck!!!
Here are some photos that James took of my inventory. Isn’t he fantastic?
I’ve been exposed to so many new things this week, and I am in love
1. Robert Frank. Went to MOCA Sunday and came across this amazing photography from the 50’s. Reminds me so much of Walker Evans. The people in his shots have so much life and character
2. Raps by Robert Christopher Romanus. Pretty damn good play. Dynamic, great acting.
3.Great musicians. Steep Canyon Rangers. I saw them on Dave Letterman. Steve Martin performed with them
4. Funny people. Steve Martin and Martin Short. So joyful to watch. I just watched them and was really envious – how amazing would it be to be friends with those two??!
5. Paint fumes. I’m stripping the nasty paint off the moulding around our picture window. While I don’t enjoy the fumes so much, I do love visualizing the end product. It’s going to be so beautiful!!
Flickr images. Found some amazing photos when I searched for my favorite color . I always love teal and red, but there are some other pretty teal color combinations like teal and yellow that were surprising.
1. The poetry of earth is never dead., 2. Ideas for small spaces: Bright teal blue bedroom + jewel tone accents, 3. Rain in an apple orchard, 4. Summery First-Aid Kit, 5. Teal , 6. Paddington, 7. Farewell, 8. Tišina, 9. Day 31 – How lucky was I to find this!, 10. Dreaming my dreams with you, 11. Stuck In The Middle With You, 12. #1 from coffee run, 13. Happy Mother’s Day, 14. poluuspavanka, 15. bowl of yarn, 16. 12:00 PM, 17. Your laughter echoes in apple blossom, 18. Tears Roll Down
- I’m a contributor to a new blog, the SoCal DIY girls. We have a meetup group, and our organizer started this blog for all our crafty deeds. Visit us here
- I joined the bandwagon. I’m totally into the Twilight Series. I bought all the books this week, and I’m in the middle of the second, New Moon. I like! I was so into the tension between Bella and Edward. And I cannot wait for the movie to come out. It’s Cedric Diggory playing Edward!!!:)
- I did something totally unheard of: I ate by myself. Out in the open, just sat there and ate. Yes, I called my sister to tell her what I was doing (we both know that this is crazy behavior on my part) but then I just relaxed and sat there. All by my lonesome. It wasn’t that bad. I got to enjoy the gorgeous weather we’re having
- Speaking of gorgeous weather lookie here. The Gods have smiled on us here. No more heat wave. It’s a nice, beautiful 65 degrees. aaaaah!
- Went to see the Dresden Dolls on Wednesday night. All I will say is that they totally rock!! I had a great time.
- The opening band was a group called Smoosh. If you haven’t heard of them – they are two sisters, and they are like 12 years old. Seriously. No, I think the oldest sister is 15 and the other is 13. They were so awesome! I was pretty damn musical in high school, but nothing of this caliber. It’s just piano and drums, like the Dresden Dolls, but they were able to rock the house. Good times.
- I had the craziest dream last night. It involved a coworker, a foster mom for one of our cats, a child that was shaped like a human sized cat, and Ed Begley Jr.
- I bought this book. It’s so awesome!!!
There’s something so fascinating about being privy to a final rehearsal. Maybe it’s just me because I love the theatre so much. Sitting in the dark, empty theatre, watching a show with a limited audience, hearing final notes from the director. Being a part of that is like being in on a secret.
Two wonderful things happened this week. I met a wonderful girl, Natiya. She’s a photographer and out of the goodness of her heart, leant me her Sigma 24-70mm fixed 2.8 lens. It’s fabulous. I’m thinking of fleeing the country with it.
And second was being allowed to come into the Alex for a certain Ballet Company’s final rehearsal to take pictures. They were very gracious. And look what I was able to come away with.