You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘harry potter’ category.
I just watched The Philadelphia Story the other night and they had the most wonderful sayings that I would like to bring back.
Several things on my mind lately:
- The new Harry Potter trailer is so exciting! I can’t wait!
- I trimmed my bangs in a rage, and I’m severely, severely regretting it.
- My illustrations are getting better. Not so ashamed of my drawings anymore
- Good friends who’ve helped me out. One just got me a gig as a stylist for a PSA, and another gave me a textbook for class.
- making stuff lately. Will have to update with pictures. But I’ve been scrapping, and making collages. It’s been really fun!
- I’m a contributor to a new blog, the SoCal DIY girls. We have a meetup group, and our organizer started this blog for all our crafty deeds. Visit us here
- I joined the bandwagon. I’m totally into the Twilight Series. I bought all the books this week, and I’m in the middle of the second, New Moon. I like! I was so into the tension between Bella and Edward. And I cannot wait for the movie to come out. It’s Cedric Diggory playing Edward!!!:)
- I did something totally unheard of: I ate by myself. Out in the open, just sat there and ate. Yes, I called my sister to tell her what I was doing (we both know that this is crazy behavior on my part) but then I just relaxed and sat there. All by my lonesome. It wasn’t that bad. I got to enjoy the gorgeous weather we’re having
- Speaking of gorgeous weather lookie here. The Gods have smiled on us here. No more heat wave. It’s a nice, beautiful 65 degrees. aaaaah!
- Went to see the Dresden Dolls on Wednesday night. All I will say is that they totally rock!! I had a great time.
- The opening band was a group called Smoosh. If you haven’t heard of them – they are two sisters, and they are like 12 years old. Seriously. No, I think the oldest sister is 15 and the other is 13. They were so awesome! I was pretty damn musical in high school, but nothing of this caliber. It’s just piano and drums, like the Dresden Dolls, but they were able to rock the house. Good times.
- I had the craziest dream last night. It involved a coworker, a foster mom for one of our cats, a child that was shaped like a human sized cat, and Ed Begley Jr.
- I bought this book. It’s so awesome!!!
1.No outfit is complete for me unless there is a layer of some sorts. ie. tank under shirt, long sleeve under short sleeve…
2. My new favorite author: Megan Crane. Unfortunately, she’s a relatively new author and I’ve read all three of her (fabulous) books
3. I love the words loquacious and egregious. I wish I had the opportunity to use them on a daily basis without sounding strange and/or pretentious.
4. My favorite shoe brand is Diesel.
5. My weight: 127.2 ***sigh***, grrr
6. I still can not comprehend that at this day and age you can go to a place and get books for free! This boggles my mind. (but I love it)
7. I had a fantastic time at the knitting meetup. I met lots of nice women, who are amazing knitters. While I will admit I was really nervous when I was driving around west la, trying to find some damn parking, I put on my game face and realized that I am usually wrong about these things. I need to stop listening to myself.
8. Speaking of which, my shrug is coming along very nicely. It’s about halfway done. I will post a picture later when it’s daylight and my photos won’t turn out orange.
9. It seems very strange to me that WordPress is the ONLY website working right now. I can’t even get to yahoo.
10. I miss Harry Potter
After much disruption this weekend, I can finally say that this afternoon I finished The Deathly Hallows. I spent some time listening to mugglenet and going to forums to see what people thought.
It’s finished. Harry’s story is over. Don’t read ahead if you haven’t finished the book.
So what did every one think? Most of our questions got answered. Most people were right on some theories. I swore up and down that Harry would die, am I partially right? I didn’t believe that Harry was a Horcrux though. I didn’t see that whole “King’s Cross” chapter/explanation thing coming. Did that feel like a big copout to you? Like, “I need to explain everything, so I’m going to bring Dumbly back and have him do it for the sake of the audience?”
Snape loved Lily! I knew it. I always believed that Snape was good, but after the first chapter, I was convinced that he was evil! Now we know that “Snape’s Worst Enemy” wasn’t that he was humiliated by James, it was that he treated Lily so horribly and then lost her forever. But he wasn’t evil, was he? He loved her so much.
This book was full of Emotional Roller Coasters. How many near misses did the trio have? How many times did I think one of them was going to die? Only one question wasn’t answered for me; who, late in life, managed magic?
Some special moments that come to mind: When Lupin asked Harry to be godfather. Percy’s return. When Neville killed Nagini (a True Gryffindor). Luna’s painting on her bedroom wall. Ron punching Malfoy in the gut! Hermione kissing Ron. Ginny kissing Harry.
So many others. And it had some really funny moments too, which I was glad for “‘ear, ‘ear”.
I don’t feel very good. I cried a lot, and got little sleep, so I’m a bit headachy. I feel like I’ve been waiting for soooo long, now that it’s over, what am I going to do?? Think I need a few days for it all to sink in.
Corporate Ghetto: Cristina and I are selling our handmade cards at work. We have them in a basket at the end of our row so all our coworkers can “peruse the merchandise”.
Harry Potter: AWESOME!!! Easily one of the best movies of the set, in terms of incorporating all the major elements of the book. SO loved it. Was totally worth going to the Midnight release, even though I only got 3 hours sleep before going to work. Don’t want to give anything away, I’ll just say that I loved it. There was one major thing I was disappointed in, but all in all a wonderful effort. I so love seeing my favorite characters/moments in books come to life.
Who me?: I made Michele’s Site of the Day!! What an honor!! Thanks, Michele. Mwah!
The Parking Lot of Death: The movie last night was 2 1/2 hours. It took 40 minutes to get out of the Grove parking lot.
Parents, please don’t give your kids crack: We sat next to The Most Annoying Teenager last night.
Scrappy Goodness: I am a really slow scrapper (usually takes me hours to do one layout) but the adrenaline was pumping as I waited to go to the movie and I made 3 layouts last night. Will post pics later.
Jazz Hands: Finally going to dance class tonight after almost 10 weeks. Hope I can handle it!
Speaking of Dance: So You Think You Can Dance is on tonight. Crazy excited; haven’t seen it in a couple of weeks. I luv Hok!
All in all it’s been a great week. I am going on next to zero hours of sleep, but it’s totally worth it
Another layout I did last night of James & I in the Agora, right below the Acropolis. You can see the Parthenon and all it’s glory. There’s also a ton of scaffolding along the entrance, the Propylaea. They are doing a vast preservation project; the marble was literally flaking away due to it being touched, and smog from the encroaching city. But it is still remarkable. We got to watch as the workers put back together one of the columns of the Parthenon. It was pretty cool!
And I know this has been floating around for weeks or months, but I had this stuck in my head all day yesterday. James was singing it to me and it just makes me laugh and laugh! enjoy!
I am loving reading everyone’s theories on HP. I found this on toshpice‘s blog and thought I would share my thoughts.
- Is Snape evil? I’m not sure anymore. The more I read into it, the more I think he’s evil. I want him to be good, but I think he’s evil
- How does Dumbledore continue to help Harry? I don’t think we’ll see Dumbledore, but we will see the influence of Dumbledore all around. Maybe he’s left something for Harry behind.
- What is the deal with Aunt Petunia? She will give Harry information on Lily’s past. Possibly the fact that Lily and Snape were somehow involved.
- Who will die? Voldy, Snape. Possible Harry. Other good people like one of the Weasleys.
- Is Harry a horcrux? NO
- Will Ron and Hermione get together? Yes
- Will Harry and Ginnie get together? Yes, if Harry doesn’t die
- Will Lupin marry Tonks? I don’t know. I don’t think it’s really important thought
- What will become of Hogwarts? It will remain open, but we won’t see much of it.
- Does Percy reconcile with his family? I think so, but again, I don’t think it’s really important
During the scene in which Malfoy has cornered Dumbledore, Malfoy is bragging about how Dumbledore did not know it was him who was behind the cursed necklace and the poisoned mead:
“As a matter of fact, I did,” said Dumbledore. “I was sure it was you.”
“Why didn’t you stop me, then?” Malfoy demanded.
“I tried, Draco. Professor Snape has been keeping watch over you on my orders-”
“He hasn’t been doing your orders, he promised my mother -”
“Of course, that is what he would tell you, Draco, but-”
Now, if you Snape and you were working for the Order, wouldn’t he have told Dumbledore about the Unbreakable Vow? Because it certainly doesn’t seem like Dumbledore didn’t know about it. I have always believed that Snape was in the Order, and was ordered by Dumbledore to follow through with the Unbreakable Vow. After reading this book again, I think that Snape was a Death Eater
I know, I am sounding like a flip flopper, but I just can’t figure it out! It’s driving me crazy! Thoughts anyone?
Let’s take Dumbledore’s word and believe that Snape has come back to the good side. After the fall of Voldy, Snape comes back to the Order. Dumbledore testifies on his behalf in front of the Wizengamot and tells them that, at great risk to his own life, Snape turns spy against the dark side.
And we know from reading that it was Snape who overheard the Prophecy and told Voldemort. Then once Lily and James die, he realizes what a mistake he made and comes back.
So, if we take all of that… Does that mean that Snape knew that Wormtail was the traitor? And if so, when Sirius was locked in jail for 13 years, doesn’t that mean that Snape knew Sirius was charged incorrectly and did nothing about it? That doesn’t seem like the workings of a good guy.
Don’t get me wrong, I fully believe that Snape is actually working for the Order and doing everything under the orders of Dumbledore. But in book 3, he seems very determined to put Sirius away. For someone who is on such close terms with the Dark Lord, he must have known what the plan was that night, right?