You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘fun stuff’ category.
I’ve been watching old episodes of favorite shows lately and thought this would be a fun list.
The Top Ten TV show theme songs (in no particular order)
- Angel – oh! that lone cello intro is so fantastic
- Mash – this song really hits at the heart of this show.
- SpongeBob Square Pants – hehe
- Battlestar Galactica – so beautiful. If you haven’t heard it, listen now
- The X Files – they managed to create an air of mystery as great as the show
- Twilight Zone – unforgettable
- 30 Rock – scatting? Yes please
- Dallas – because I had to go old school here. It’s actually got an awesome funk beat to it.
- The Simpsons – two words. Danny. Elfman
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – this theme rocks, as does the show
Pretty partial, and I know there are a lot of cool theme songs out there of shows that I have never seen, like TruBlood and Dexter and The Sopranos (no cable)
Haven’t done this in a while:
- I enjoy cleaning dirty leeks.
- I have never dyed my hair. But that’s about to change this month.
- I don’t really want a dog at this point in my life, but I would like to be a doggy Aunt. Just babysit someone’s doggy every once in a while. Then leave.
- I’ have a slight fear of Swiss army knives and staplers.
- I love crappy beer.
- I have a lucky knack for beating the rush. I always manage to get someplace right before 50 other people get there.
- I know for a fact that I could sleep through any serious situation – like a small stove fire and alarms going off for about an hour. Scary, but true.
- Ashamed of my predilection for teen & romance novels, I’ve decided to (slowly) make my way through this list.
- I dream of taking mandolin lessons and learning how to play bluegrass music.
- On average, I get about 1 parking ticket a month. One time I got 3 in 2 days. Can you imagine how much I’ve paid to the city in the last 8 years? Oh Los Angeles, how I love you
- The kindness of stranger – I took this stray cat to be spayed (extremely long TNR story short) but I didn’t have any more funds to pay for her vaccinations. A lady at the vet’s offered to pay for them. It feels wonderful to know that there are people out there who care.
- A good handshake – I can’t stand when people give you “the dead fish” handshake. The vet had a fantastic handshake.
- Amazing musicians – Dirty Projector‘s Bitte Orca. Can’t get enough.
- Battlestar Galactica – I love getting involved in storylines. And anything Joss Whedon loves, I love.
- Hats – I’m on a mission to bring hats back. Unfortunately, the rest of the world is against me. Either that, or the rest of the world is bringing hats back too! If that is the case, then I say to them, “We are on the same team!! Stop outbidding me!” I lost out on two amazing hats. Here, and here.
I was participating in Tara Anderson‘s blog party yesterday. She is so stinking amazing. I love her work. One of her challenges was to make mini art. I thought this would be a good time to continue my kitchen collages.
I dug out my vintage rick rack and old pattern paper. Obviously, I was really inspired by some of her recent work. I love making small stuff!
1. It seems like I never wear the right thing.
2. Come to bed when you’re done, please?
3. If I thought you wouldn’t miss me I wouldn’t go!
4. The future is what I think of most when I think of you.
5. To me, Valentine’s Day means I should get away with something.
6. Chai lattes during the cold weather gives me strength.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to being warm, tomorrow my plans include a wedding and Sunday, I want to illustrate!
fluffy bunnies like you best
how are they so smart
I know a girl who likes you
she will watch you die
poems by James
haven’t done this for a while…
1. I’d really like a nap or cupcakes right now.
2. Fuck is the word you’d most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is illegal
4. Johnny Depp makes an awesome Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like paper and glue
6. Journey has a lyric that goes “on and on”.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to cleaning up my mess, tomorrow my plans include finishing a costume piece for the one acts and Sunday, I want to go out and explore while everyone’s watching the game!
just highlight the things you’ve done.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Here’s a few shots from our trip to N.O.
At one of the many cemeteries in the city.
There are still so many abandoned buildings
St Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter
No trip is complete with out beignets and hot chocolate
I was tagged by Aimee. here are the rules…
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
- I just saw The Nutcracker tonight for the first time ever. It was wonderful. Although, none of the male leads wore dance belts so we got to see a lot of male packages tonight. wink wink
- I cant’ point my toes.
- I love cheek kisses. I wish everyone greeted this way
- I’m creeped out by tendons. The backs of the knees, achilles, even the wrist. It’s from watching too many horror movies – those are always the first place to get sliced!!
- I made beignets and hot chocolate for some girlfriends today. They looked weird but they tasted delicious!
- I’m obsessed with this blog.
I don’t know who’s been tagged already, so I’ll just tag Anna!