You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘crafts’ category.
I have been wanting to make some garlands for the longest time, but have stopped myself because
a) I’m too tired to craft lately
b) I don’t want to decorate because I hate everything we own, and I want to wait until we move
c) I feel like if I make a garland (or two or three) I’ll just be jumping on the whole ‘garland bandwagon’ and I like to pretend that I have original thoughts (I don’t, really)
But I can’t help it, I love them!!!
I dream of having a beautiful vintage bed in a spare room
Just a quick post about what I’ve been doing lately. It feels like a whirlwind has taken over my life!
- say goodbye to my evenings: I signed up to be a Stage Manager for a new play in Hollywood.
- Speaking of November: we’re going to New Orleans for Thanksgiving to visit James’s family! SO excited!
- making messes: I cannot even tell you how much this bothers James. He rolls up cords and cables for a living, people!
- quit my job!: My last day will be next Friday. I’ve never been happier, but I will miss the kids who volunteer at adoptions
- Being completely spontaneous is good for me: got accepted into the Costume Designer’s program at my local college. But I’m so excited! I’m taking Costume Illustration and Draping. I’m on my way to becoming a designer, just like I’ve always wanted
- babies, everywhere!: Heathyr just had her baby. Baby James is so beautiful! And probably one of the most easy going babies I’ve ever seen He slept in Glenda’s lap, I fed and burped him. James best friend and his wife had their baby, Addison. And two more friends of mine are pregnant. I’m so excited!
- circles: I’ve been painting! James and I made these for our bedroom, then I went and made this!
- I was supposed to be cleaning: It started out innocently enough. I was just going to straighten up my room. Ended up combing through everything like this I can now say that I think my room is as close to how I want it as I will ever get!
- excitement building: because I got my room so clean, I was inspired to start working on a new project. I will talk more about that later
- and finally: I hate the post office!!
- I’m a contributor to a new blog, the SoCal DIY girls. We have a meetup group, and our organizer started this blog for all our crafty deeds. Visit us here
- I joined the bandwagon. I’m totally into the Twilight Series. I bought all the books this week, and I’m in the middle of the second, New Moon. I like! I was so into the tension between Bella and Edward. And I cannot wait for the movie to come out. It’s Cedric Diggory playing Edward!!!:)
- I did something totally unheard of: I ate by myself. Out in the open, just sat there and ate. Yes, I called my sister to tell her what I was doing (we both know that this is crazy behavior on my part) but then I just relaxed and sat there. All by my lonesome. It wasn’t that bad. I got to enjoy the gorgeous weather we’re having
- Speaking of gorgeous weather lookie here. The Gods have smiled on us here. No more heat wave. It’s a nice, beautiful 65 degrees. aaaaah!
- Went to see the Dresden Dolls on Wednesday night. All I will say is that they totally rock!! I had a great time.
- The opening band was a group called Smoosh. If you haven’t heard of them – they are two sisters, and they are like 12 years old. Seriously. No, I think the oldest sister is 15 and the other is 13. They were so awesome! I was pretty damn musical in high school, but nothing of this caliber. It’s just piano and drums, like the Dresden Dolls, but they were able to rock the house. Good times.
- I had the craziest dream last night. It involved a coworker, a foster mom for one of our cats, a child that was shaped like a human sized cat, and Ed Begley Jr.
- I bought this book. It’s so awesome!!!