You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘blogs’ category.
I was participating in Tara Anderson‘s blog party yesterday. She is so stinking amazing. I love her work. One of her challenges was to make mini art. I thought this would be a good time to continue my kitchen collages.
I dug out my vintage rick rack and old pattern paper. Obviously, I was really inspired by some of her recent work. I love making small stuff!
- I’m a contributor to a new blog, the SoCal DIY girls. We have a meetup group, and our organizer started this blog for all our crafty deeds. Visit us here
- I joined the bandwagon. I’m totally into the Twilight Series. I bought all the books this week, and I’m in the middle of the second, New Moon. I like! I was so into the tension between Bella and Edward. And I cannot wait for the movie to come out. It’s Cedric Diggory playing Edward!!!:)
- I did something totally unheard of: I ate by myself. Out in the open, just sat there and ate. Yes, I called my sister to tell her what I was doing (we both know that this is crazy behavior on my part) but then I just relaxed and sat there. All by my lonesome. It wasn’t that bad. I got to enjoy the gorgeous weather we’re having
- Speaking of gorgeous weather lookie here. The Gods have smiled on us here. No more heat wave. It’s a nice, beautiful 65 degrees. aaaaah!
- Went to see the Dresden Dolls on Wednesday night. All I will say is that they totally rock!! I had a great time.
- The opening band was a group called Smoosh. If you haven’t heard of them – they are two sisters, and they are like 12 years old. Seriously. No, I think the oldest sister is 15 and the other is 13. They were so awesome! I was pretty damn musical in high school, but nothing of this caliber. It’s just piano and drums, like the Dresden Dolls, but they were able to rock the house. Good times.
- I had the craziest dream last night. It involved a coworker, a foster mom for one of our cats, a child that was shaped like a human sized cat, and Ed Begley Jr.
- I bought this book. It’s so awesome!!!
I haven’t been up to much lately. Just working, dance class tonight. Watched “So You Think You Can Dance” (which is a very long title, by the way) I think my faves right now are Neil, Kameron, Sabra and Sara. And Lauren. I guess that would be half, so… never mind.
James and I are having a bizarro Christmas today. I don’t remember how we came to this subject last night, but we discovered that it was exactly the opposite of Christmas today! So, we are having an opposite Christmas. We got each other presents for ourselves. How clever! So I went and bought this really pretty pair of Nine West shoes. I was going to get a second pair, but what luck! They were out of my size. They were so beautiful and I have now found myself a new favorite brand!! Aren’t they cool?
My mind is still reeling from HP. Last night I had the craziest dreams, all Hogwarts/Voldy/Harry Potter related. So, in times when I can’t sleep, I try to lay still and quiet my mind and hope that whatever is keeping me up will go away. But last night, I would wake up from some crazy Voldy-is-chasing-me dream, tell myself to quiet my mind, which in turn would make me think of Occlumency (and how Snape told Harry to clear his mind before he went to sleep) which, of course, would put me right back into another Harry-in-the-great-hall dream. All night long!
I am slightly pissed off because my work is slowly blocking access to all blogs. Yes, I know, work is for work blah blah blah. But there are times when you may have a lull and you would like to surf the net, but no! Most of the links on my sidebar are blocked, so if any of you wonder where I am, now you know. I have to wait to get home to say hello to all my friends.
Well, James is coming home so we can open our presents. I think we should start celebrating our unbirthdays, too!
For those of you who participate in Emily’s Deck of Me challenges, you may be interested to know that Tammy has set up a blog for all us ladies who participate. It’s Friends of Em (on my blogroll). It looks like it will be a lot of fun; she’s starting an artist of the week and includes a list of Emily’s challenges, for those of you who aren’t caught (myself included!). She also has a link to Emily’s Deck of Me webring, which you can join (ahem, Michelle).
It’s a nice little community of talented women who participate in these Challenges. And up it’s so much fun to see everyone’s interpretations!